Soumya Sonalika has 12 years of experience in nursing education and research. She began her career as an Research Assistant from Academy for Nursing Studies and Women’s Empowerment Research Studies(ANSWERS), Hyderabad in 2008. She graduated from Berhampur University, College of Nursing. Then she continued her association with Siksha O Anusandhan (SOA) as Assistant Lecturer. She earned an M.Sc in Community Health Nursing from Utkal University in the year 2012. She joined as Lecturer at Lord Jagannath Misson’s College of Nursing, Bhubaneswar and in the year 2015 promoted to the post of Assistant Professor. For better career growth and more research opportunities, she got associated with Kalinga Institute of Nursing Science (KINS) KIIT University as Assistant Professor. She has organised and participated numerous TON, Capacity building program, webinars, seminars, conferences, workshops and CNE. She has been a presenter at international, national and state conferences around the country. She has been appointed as an External Examiner(Theory and Practical)and Question Setter and Moderator at various universities, to include The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, AIIMS Bhubaneswar, Utkal University, VSS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, North Odisha University, Berhampur University and S'O' A University.
Google Scholar :
M.Sc Nursing(Community Health), Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital &Health Care Management(PGDHHM)e
Digital Detox, Community Mental Health Nursing, Mental health Nurse led intervention on Depression
B.Sc Course Coordinator, Class Coordinator, JCP Coordinator
Awards & Honours
Awarded Best Prize(1st) in Oral Scientific Paper Competition in 5th SOMI Conference held on 12th December 2018 at All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
TNAI Life Membership Number,Chairperson Programme Committee of T.N.A.I State Branch, Odisha,Society of Midwives, India(SOMI)Nursing Research Society of India(NRSI), Innovational Manuscript Publication Group(IMPG) Membership, Nurses Teachers Association of India,RIF
All community-based extension activities-School Health Awareness Programme, Street Play, Community Health Education, IEC, Sensitization programs, Donations etc. at Old age home, Schools (Blind, Deaf & Dumb Schools/ CHETNA/ Orphanage). Mock drill on disaster preparedness
1. Sonalika S. et.al(2021) ""Lifestyle Modification And Prevention Of Dementia"", NVEO-natural volatiles & essential oils Journal,2021;8(6):584-591.
2.Sonalika S. et.al(2021) ""Importance of peers in Adolescent life: A systematic review"", Turkish Journal Of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation,2021;32(3):36149-36160.
3. Sonalika S.(2022) ""Awareness of Ideal Body Weight among Adolescents During COVID-19 lockdown with a view to develop an Information Pamhplet"", International Journal of Nursing Care, Jan-June 2022;10(1):48-53.
4. Sonalika S. et.al(2022) ""An Observational Study: Self Efficacy, Health Literacy and Knowledge Level of Admitted Cervical Cancer Patients"", Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, 2022;32(3):40456-40469.
5. Sonalika S.(2021) ""The Dependence on Social Networking Sites and its Relationship with Academic Performance among Teenagers"". Journal of Women's Health and Safety Research 2(15):184.
6. Sonalika S.(2021) ""Efficacy of Training Programme on Knowledge and Practice regarding Biomedical Waste Management among Health Personnel Working at Community Health Centre, Khurda"". Indian Journal of Nursing Sciences (IJNS),2021: 6(3):63-68.
7. Sonalika S.(2018) “Exploratory study to assess the knowledge on Selfitis among adolescents in selected Colleges of Bhubaneswar with a view to develop information pamphlet”. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. Jan-March 2018;6(1):57-61.
8. Sonalika S et al.(2015), “Assess the efficacy of Reminiscence therapy on wellbeing among the elderly person”. International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research.September 2015;3(3).
9. Sonalika S et al.(2015), “Retrospective study to assess the morbidity pattern following induced abortion (Medical Termination of Pregnancy) in the Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, M.K.C.G Medical College Hospital, Berhampur”. Paripex- Indian Journal of Research. May 2015;4(5):22-24.
10. Sonalika S.(2015) ""Medical Tourism :- A Developing Concept"". Global Journal For Research Analysis. August 2015;4(8):60-62.