AIMS : To appreciate the Concepts and principles of midwifery and obstetrical nursing.
- To acquire knowledge and skills in reducing nursing care to normal & high risk pregnant woman during antenatal and postnatal periods.
- To develops skills in managing normal and high risk neonates and participate in family welfare programme.
- To develop ability and skill for providing nursing care to mother and child.
- We have M.C.H lab, which is well ventilated and well furnished and well equipped.
- In M.C.H lab we have the manikins like new-born baby, cardio pulmonary resuscitation child, foetus delivery.
- With this, models like stages of development of embryo, foot presentation, Types of spinabifida, face presentation, brow presentation, growth of the womb during pregnancy, placenta previa, stages of labour.
- Also, the lab contains specimen like fibro adenoma breast, uterus and ovary, fibroid uterus, aborted fetus, fibro edema breast, and instruments like cusco’s speculum, cord cutting scissors, pelvinometer, sim’s vaginal speculum, uterine sound, ovum forcep, feotoscope.
- Demonstration of procedure:
- Draping & positioning the patient for gynaecological examination.
- Antenatal assessment.
- Demonstration of normal delivery.
- Physical assessment of new-born.
- New-born baby bath.
- Care of new-born like eye care, cord care, feeding.
- To prepare posters & project related to antenatal diet, family planning, health education.
- To demonstrate resuscitation of new-born.
- To introduce students about instruments using for normal delivery, episiotomy and D & C, M.T.P
- To make the students able to prepare sterile trays like perineal care tray, suture removal tray, forceps delivery tray, vaginal examination tray & surgical trolley.
Our nursing college provides nursing students with an additional learning resource to meet their educational goals. The lab is equipped with supplies and equipment, including Paediatric and CPR mannequin. The lab provides students with a realistic, stimulated clinical environment to practice and demonstrate competency of selected nursing skills.
Clinical training in paediatric lab equips students with essential knowledge, skills and attitude needed to provide accurate, safe and comprehensive nursing care for normal child. Paediatric lab consists of Almirah which contains articles that are required to perform various procedures. The nursing students get demonstration from their teachers in the lab and then get skills for performing care in the clinical areas. The lab also consists of dummy’s on which the procedures are also demonstrated. Different types of exhibits, posters, displaying growth charts, immunization etc are also displayed. A separate section is designated to teach students regarding selection of playful material for different age groups.
- To prepare students for handling well and sick children in a technically safe environment.
- To provide opportunity for learning and practicing various child health nursing procedures.
- To make the students informed regarding modern child care practices and guidelines.
AIMS : To acquired knowledge of nutrition for maintenance of optimum health at different stages of life and its application for practice of nutrition.
- To describe the relationship between nutrition and health.
- To describe the classification, functions, sources and recommended daily allowance of Carbohydrates.
- To describe the sources, Functions, and requirements of water and electrolytes.
- To describe various national programmes related to nutrition.
- We have well ventilated and well furnished nutrition Lab.
- We have facilities in nutrition Lab. Like glassware articles, refrigerator, Mixture, Dinner Set, Dinning Table with Chair, Table met, stove, weighting machine.
- To introduce students about Cookery rules and Preservation of nutrients.
- To prepare and serve simple beverages and different types of foods.
- To aware about principles, methods of cooking and serving.
- To give knowledge regarding calculation of balance diet for different categories of people.
Community Health Nursing is the community oriented primary health care programme and the integration of community medicine with the primary health care of individual and community
AIMS : Students render comprehensive care to the individual family and community and develop centre understanding of rural community health management
- Students render comprehensive care to the individual family and community.
- Students develop clinical skills.
- Students are able to involve in community participation.
- Students develop IPR with the village leaders, community and other agencies.
- Students organize, assist and conduct health camp.
- Students organize; assist conduct the school health and child health programme.
- In our institute the community lab is proper equipped and well furnished with healthy environment of learning.
- The lab consists of the all equipment for providing the basic care in term of primary health care like community bag, Maternity kit and others.
- The lab is arranged in such a manner that the student of the nursing programme can practice the procedure and make their effective A.V aids by using various charts displayed in community health care and education programme for raising the health status of individual.
- The college is providing all the necessary articles to student for their better understanding.
Nursing foundation lab is one which makes the imagination of hospital set up, and the students can study the procedures and all the things on dummy with the help of clinical instructors. These will help the students to reduce the stress and fear about the hospital environment.
- To increase awareness among the students in the field of medicine to get a positive understanding between the doctor, nurse and patient in treating patient.
- For providing practical knowledge as a demonstration in the institutional set up itself without any barrier.
- The actual part is attained if the students have imaginary set up of a fundamental lab.
- The teacher demonstrates the procedure of an environment in the hospital set up.
- The new students get direct experience to prepare themselves for hospital events.
- To explain the basic concept of conceptual and theoretical models of nursing.
- The lab is well furnished and well ventilated with all the necessary equipment like patient beds, mattresses, bed sheets, bedside locker, linens and blankets, napkins and towels, bed cradle, cardiac table, wheel chair, stretcher, critical care unit( with O2 cylinder with flow meter, CPR dummy and Suction apparatus), different sizes procedure trays, and other instruments. And all the equipment are as per INC recognize and enough for each nursing courses.
- The lab also contains the manikin of three adult male and female as well as one new born. There is one dummy of hand with visible veins which is using to study the procedure of introducing IV cannula.
- There are some charts prepared by the 1st year B.Sc. Nursing students like types of O2 masks, injection sites, methods of medication administration, procedure of T.P.R B.P, nebulization procedure, first aid kit, etc. The models prepared by the 1st year students are kept in the lab like emergency tray, medication administration tray, ICU set up, and Hospital set up.
- The students are doing all basic nursing procedures like bed bath, CPR, IV cannula insertion, IV therapy, Hair care, etc.
- They are used to study the instruments which are used in hospitals, tray set up, maintaining aseptic technique during the procedure, etc.
- They are allowed to issue the articles for the procedure. This all activities are done for encouraging the students to be a functional nurse.
Aim : The medical/ surgical lab aims at teaching and training students the nursing skills necessary to provide comprehensive care for adult patients suffering from a variety of medical or surgical disorders.
- Adult Health Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Oral, Tracheal and Endotracheal Suctioning
- Endotracheal Incubation
- Tracheotomy Insertion and Care
- Oxygen Administration and use of AMBU Bag
- Nasogastric Tube Insertion, Feeding Through Nasogastric Tube
- Colostomy Care and Irrigation
- Urinary Catheterization
- IV Cannulation and Infusion Therapy
- Central Venous Line Insertion and CVP Monitoring
- Wound Dressing etc
AIMS : To develop basic understanding of uses of computer and its Applications in nursing.
- To identify and define various concepts used in computer.
- Identify application of computer in nursing.
- Identify features of computer aided teaching and testing.
- Demonstrate use of internet and email.
- Describe the use of hospital management system.
- We have a well furnished and well ventilated computer lab.
- There are sufficient chairs and air conditioning system is available.
- Internet facility is also available in our computer lab.
- They are using the internet facility for reference purpose.
- They improve their knowledge in the application of computer in nursing.
- They improve their skills about computer.
- They improve their knowledge in hospital management system.
There is a separate Anatomy lab & AV Aids lab at nursing college having. The lab is equipped with full range of models, charts, specimens, etc.. Anatomy lab is very helpful in making the teaching realistic and interesting one. Anatomy lab aims at understanding the human anatomy, imparting microscopic view of its different parts. The lab is also supported with advanced facility from Anatomy Department of the Institute.
- Acquaint students with Anatomy of various systems.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences as directed by the nursing curriculum.
- Reinforce learning and making it an easily comprehendible one
Introduction : The lab accommodates students by providing scheduled times for both skill practice and patient-specific preparation in all the specialties. The Lab has an abundance of resources and equipment to enhance both student teaching and learning. They are developed from a strong knowledge base, a review of relevant references, rehearsal and practice as well as repeated performance and debriefing by teaching staff.
- Foster and reinforce learning using simulation technology and related resources.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences specific to course objectives as directed by the nursing curriculum.
- Foster independent student learning opportunities, which promote a model for life- long learning.
Increase preparedness for dealing with high acuity cases in all the specialties